Compiling/Building from Source OSX

macOS specific usage questions
kfieldi5
New Cone
New Cone

Compiling/Building from Source OSX

Postby kfieldi5 » 24 Mar 2016 00:25

Hi, I'm following along on this guide: https://wiki.videolan.org/OSXCompile/ I am on OS X 10.11.4
but I'm hitting a snag when I run build.sh (even when I've built the tools and the contribs prior):

Any help would be so very much appreciated!

Code: Select all

kevinbook:vlc kevin$ cd build kevinbook:build kevin$ ../extras/package/macosx/build.sh + ARCH=x86_64 + MINIMAL_OSX_VERSION=10.7 ++ xcrun --show-sdk-version + OSX_VERSION=10.11 ++ xcode-select -print-path + SDKROOT=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk + getopts hvrk:a: OPTION + shift 0 + '[' x '!=' x ']' + out=/dev/stdout + '[' '' = yes ']' + info 'Building VLC for the Mac OS X' + local 'green=\033[1;32m' + local 'normal=\033[0m' + echo '[\033[1;32mbuild\033[0m] Building VLC for the Mac OS X' [build] Building VLC for the Mac OS X ... checking for LUA... no configure: WARNING: No package 'lua5.2' found, trying lua 5.1 instead checking for LUA... no configure: WARNING: No package 'lua5.1' found, trying lua >= 5.1 instead checking for LUA... yes checking for luac... luac configure: error: You need 32-bits luac when using lua from contrib. kevinbook:build kevin$

ajmas
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.x
Operating System: MacOS X

Re: Compiling/Building from Source OSX

Postby ajmas » 28 Mar 2016 22:07

Just tried the build myself and see the same issue. I am on 10.11.4 as well. This other thread suggests that 64-bit support requires lua 5.3+, but I am not sure what needs to be done to resolve this. Hopefully one of the devs can chime in.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.vi ... vel/105025
Providing logs, messages, configuration info (VLC, OS, Hardware) and a clear explanation of the issue always helps the problem solvers help you, even if they don't end up solving the issue. Just think what you would need if you were solving someone else's problem. Additional: Always looking for eager and capable MacOS X developers to join the VLC team - for more information see here.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”