Neuk2015
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 2.2.1
Operating System: Windows 10

VLC 2.2.1 Audio Cuts Out for 1 Second At a Time

Postby Neuk2015 » 05 Jul 2015 09:08

Hi,
I've looked through the forum and do not see the question answered. I upgraded to 2.2.1 & noticed gaps in playback, gaps that are not in the original files. I deleted and re-downloaded 2.1.1 and the problem was gone! for all of 5 minutes.

I don't like 'tinkering' with my computer's controls & I cannot even access the TERMINAL function. Should I just downgrade to an older player? The main reason I use VLC is audio, but the problem is going viral and exponential. iTunes and Frostwire will play FLAC files but they stink.

Thanks!
Jonno

Neuk2015
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 2.2.1
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: VLC 2.2.1 Audio Cuts Out for 1 Second At a Time

Postby Neuk2015 » 05 Jul 2015 09:09

Hi,
I've looked through the forum and do not see the question answered. I upgraded to 2.2.1 & noticed gaps in playback, gaps that are not in the original files. I deleted and re-downloaded 2.2.1 and the problem was gone! for all of 5 minutes.

I don't like 'tinkering' with my computer's controls & I cannot even access the TERMINAL function. Should I just downgrade to an older player? The main reason I use VLC is audio, but the problem is going viral and exponential. iTunes and Frostwire will play FLAC files but they stink.

Thanks!
Jonno

dfuhrmann
Developer
Developer

Re: VLC 2.2.1 Audio Cuts Out for 1 Second At a Time

Postby dfuhrmann » 05 Jul 2015 12:39

Small gaps in playback (when switching from one file to the next in playlist) were always unavoidable with all VLC versions so far. But usually they do not hurt much.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”