Wallpaper Mode not working

macOS specific usage questions
kg17
New Cone
New Cone

Wallpaper Mode not working

Postby kg17 » 12 Mar 2015 04:27

It seems to be an issue since Yosemite released because I've tried multiple version of VLC and none of them work. Also it seems Minimal View no longer exists? I tried applying various settings I found that user said would recreate Minimal View and now the video doesn't show at all, only audio. Also, everyone says ctrl+h should switch to minimal view but in Yosemite it only hides windows. I used to be a big fan of vlc but it seems that everything it much more complicated/buggy now. What's up with vlc?

But more to the point, is there anyone here who's gotten wallpaper mode to work in Yosemite? Thanks ahead of time for any help!

cchen23
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Wallpaper Mode not working

Postby cchen23 » 12 Mar 2015 15:41

ctrl+h does not seem to minimize the window, you are right. But minimal view still exists, you just have to click the menu bar: window > minimize. I don't know if there's a way to add that to the hotkey.

dfuhrmann
Developer
Developer

Postby dfuhrmann » 12 Mar 2015 18:35

What is your VLC version you are trying?

kg17
New Cone
New Cone

Postby kg17 » 12 Mar 2015 19:03

I've been using 2.0. I updated to 2.2 and now wallpaper mode works (same preferences as before). Sorry I thought I was using the most recent version. I guess the issues I was having have been patched. Thanks for the responses anyway!

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”