FOSCAM Audio plug in

macOS specific usage questions
UGPRadio
New Cone
New Cone

FOSCAM Audio plug in

Postby UGPRadio » 20 Jan 2014 22:31

OK. I am getting too old for this. I bought a foscam video camera. It claims I need a plugin on the audio page so I clicked the hot link and it took me to VLC. I downloaded the dizzy that came up and I still cannot get the foscam to realize the plugin is loaded. If anyone knows anything about either VLC or my video camera please tell me how to get audio and video to work. Thank you...

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Re: FOSCAM Audio plug in

Postby fkuehne » 23 Jan 2014 12:46

Regrettably, we don't have such a plugin available.

Are you looking for the VLC web browser plugin? If yes, it will be available again later this quarter!
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

LighScan
New Cone
New Cone

Postby LighScan » 24 Jan 2014 23:21

Hi Felix, you are correct. It is the browser plugin that he means.

It works like a charm under Windows with Firefox.

jpstroop
New Cone
New Cone

Postby jpstroop » 01 May 2014 05:24

Are you looking for the VLC web browser plugin? If yes, it will be available again later this quarter!
Ha, I just happened to be looking into a solution for the same issue on the last day of this quarter. ;)

I gotta hold your feet to the fire on this one, Felix! I'm needing a VLC browser plugin to enable audio through Foscam's web app, too!

fkuehne
Developer
Developer

Postby fkuehne » 01 May 2014 16:29

Try a nightly build available at http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/mac ... l/?C=M;O=D :) It's very very stable already. We are actually waiting for the normal desktop app to be ready for release :)
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne

jpstroop
New Cone
New Cone

Postby jpstroop » 06 May 2014 17:02

Try a nightly build available at http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/mac ... l/?C=M;O=D :) It's very very stable already. We are actually waiting for the normal desktop app to be ready for release :)
Woot! Thanks!

I'm having trouble getting the plugin installed, however. Do I need to have the desktop nightly installed (I currently have the most recent stable desktop app). Or is installation done through the terminal? When I open the .dmg there is a .plugin file in the top directory, but this simply opens a terminal window. Tried searching the forums with nothing found, so it might be that I'm just missing something simple, but any help would be appreciated... :mrgreen:

fkuehne
Developer
Developer

Postby fkuehne » 06 May 2014 17:47

When you open the dmg, there is a linked folder called "Internet Plug-Ins". Just drop the plugin on this link. Finder will ask you for an administrator password (because the plugin will be installed globally for all users on your Mac). Restart your web browser (if it runs) and you are ready to go.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne

jpstroop
New Cone
New Cone

Postby jpstroop » 06 May 2014 18:27

That's exactly it, thanks! I'm a relatively new Mac user, so this type of installation, while it probably makes perfect sense to long-time users, is a bit foreign to me. I'm used to everything having an installer, for better or worse.

Anyway, I certainly appreciate the help!

jonesofalltrades
New Cone
New Cone

Postby jonesofalltrades » 24 Jun 2014 00:21

Felix, I am having the same issue and have tried the link you posted for the nightly build and the link doesn't seem to be working... can you tell me where I can get the plugin?

dfuhrmann
Developer
Developer

Postby dfuhrmann » 24 Jun 2014 21:54

Just try again, for me it works currenty. The nightly builds server has some issues lately.

Meatballs4TW
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Meatballs4TW » 26 Jun 2014 02:47

I cannot get the audio to work on Google Chrome. This is what I see when I try to access the audio:

I downloaded VLC and all it's plug-ins. Still the same as above. Has anyone found out why this is yet?

dfuhrmann
Developer
Developer

Postby dfuhrmann » 27 Jun 2014 00:03

Try another browser, like Firefox.

gazooooo
New Cone
New Cone

Postby gazooooo » 19 Sep 2014 11:15

Hi, this is obviously a mac problem and Foscam dont seem to be able to help. I downloaded the plugin and I get a blank box when I click on audio in
Firefox and Safari. In Chrome I get as above 'No plug-in available to display this content'. I asked Foscam to explain exactly how I download the plugin but they couldnt help. I did as above and still no luck. Incidentally I get sound when I use the uFoscam app on my mac but after about 5 minutes the sound and video go out of sync by about 30 seconds or more. I emailed the app makers about that - no reply.
What do we do - give up, buy a PC...?

ssjoshi
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ssjoshi » 09 Oct 2014 08:13

Hi Felix
Thanks for providing the nightly build site. I am a new Mac user and hope you will answer some questions about installing it.

I downloaded vlc-2.2.0-x86_64-20141009-0312.zip from the nightly build site and opened the zip file which created a folder called vlc-2.2.0-rc1. This folder has Goodies and a VLC application file.

I searched for Internet Plug-Ins on my mac and found one in /Library/Internet Plug-ins. That folder has a few files like FlashPlayer.plugin, Silverlight.plugin etc.
Are you suggesting that I copy the VLC application file to the /Library/Internet Plug-ins folder ? I tried that and restarted the browser but the about:plugins in Firefox does not show VLC media player.

Am I missing something ?

thanks
Shantanu

dfuhrmann
Developer
Developer

Postby dfuhrmann » 09 Oct 2014 21:55

ssjoshi: The web plugin package is named VLC-webplugin-*.dmg on our nightly builds server. This is seperate to the desktop application.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”