VLC won't remember playlist settings

macOS specific usage questions
Skootles
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC won't remember playlist settings

Postby Skootles » 09 Dec 2013 19:49

Running VLC 2.1.1 on OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3) and I've noticed that for whatever reason, VLC won't remember any changes I make to the Playlist settings. For example I want it to always 'Repeat All' for Playlists, but if I restart VLC even after saving the preferences, they get reset back to the default. Other settings appear to keep their changes just fine.

Skootles
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: VLC won't remember playlist settings

Postby Skootles » 07 Jan 2014 06:08

Bump...

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Postby fkuehne » 07 Jan 2014 22:44

This is the expected behavior right now as the playlist itself isn't retained either.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

alpinestars69
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 2.2.1
Operating System: mac os

Postby alpinestars69 » 08 Jan 2014 15:54

Running VLC 2.1.1 on OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3) and I've noticed that for whatever reason, VLC won't remember any changes I make to the Playlist settings. For example I want it to always 'Repeat All' for Playlists, but if I restart VLC even after saving the preferences, they get reset back to the default. Other settings appear to keep their changes just fine.

you are not alone in this, it is very frustrating & the responses from the admins. are usually of zero help. i know what you are going thru.
[/img][/img]

kicker04
New Cone
New Cone

Postby kicker04 » 09 Jan 2014 08:10

I got constant problems with video playlists myself. The name of a title disappears after a minute and changes in the names won't be saved correctly in both xspf and m3u format.

Playlists are in my opinion one of the buggiest things still in VLC player. Don't know why there are almost no enhancements ever since.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”