Remove video name subtitle in beginning

macOS specific usage questions
Chelle
New Cone
New Cone

Remove video name subtitle in beginning

Postby Chelle » 14 Jun 2012 10:30

Hi,

I would like to remove the short 3 to 4 sec. showing of the name of the video, that appears in the beginning as a subtitle. I ran through the preferences but I can't find a button to turn it off.

I also wanted to play multiple clips at together, but on the VLC-wiki page I could only find the option to create a script/application which works fine btw, but I was wondering if there's already an integrated solution for this.

Thanks in advance for some advice,

best,

m.

nkoriyama
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: git
Operating System: Windows / Mac OS X

Re: Remove video name subtitle in beginning

Postby nkoriyama » 14 Jun 2012 13:09

I would like to remove the short 3 to 4 sec. showing of the name of the video, that appears in the beginning as a subtitle. I ran through the preferences but I can't find a button to turn it off.
You can remove the media title , change the time, and change the position.

Preferences -> All -> Video
Show media title on video: on, off
Show video title for x milliseconds: 5000 (ms)
Position of video title: Bottom, Center, Left, Right, Top, Bottom, Top-Left, Top-Right, Bottom-Left, Bottom-Right
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
My hack for ISDB-T http://sdrv.ms/126weue

Chelle
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Remove video name subtitle in beginning

Postby Chelle » 14 Jun 2012 14:01

Thanks 'nkoriyama' that solved the issue :)

I do have to say that I tried this one before but it didn't changed a thing, and now that you posted the suggested it also didn't worked at first. The problem was that I was trying this while I was repeating a short 10 second video, to get the changes working I needed to first close the looping video, and when I reopened it the change had taken place.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”