VLC 2.0.1 - difficulty recognizing Blackmagic

macOS specific usage questions
flowney
New Cone
New Cone

VLC 2.0.1 - difficulty recognizing Blackmagic

Postby flowney » 13 Jun 2012 18:58

I have a Blackmagic Intensity Pro PCI card in Slot 4 of a 2008 MacPro. Using "Open Capture Device" VLC 2.0.1 sees "Blackmagic" and "iGlasses." I set WxH to 1280x720 selecting "Streaming/Saving" where I set up for LHS. When I click "Open" it says, "VLC could not open the encoder" and the iGlasses UI is invoked. As well, VLC adds a playlist item of "qtcapture://iGlasses." Thus, it appears that VLC is having trouble diffeentiating between what I selected (Blackmagic) and iGlasses which I did not select.

With other software, I get a list of options with this card 1080 i or p, 720 i or p and various frame rates. The one that works in all my other software is 720p60fps.

Anyone else trying to stream from this kind of Blackmagic card?

SquishedSquirrel
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC 2.0.1 - difficulty recognizing Blackmagic

Postby SquishedSquirrel » 14 Jun 2012 18:16

I have the same card and similar tower.

The only way I could get VLC to recognize the card was to set VLC to launch in 32bit mode. (Get info on the App to set it.)

You may need to make sure you have the 64/32 bit version instead of just the 64 bit version in order to set that flag.

I then get a list of 1080/50/59.94/60, 720/59.94/60 and SD. But, the capture dimensions are all 0, and if you don't change them, it will error out.

The GUI doesn't yet support both video and sound capture at the same time. The 2.1 nightly appears to allow for sound, but I can't tell if it allows for BOTH at the same time.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”