X264 .MKV file on VLC... cannot play, help MAC NOOB!!

macOS specific usage questions
lewdannie
New Cone
New Cone

Re: X264 .MKV file on VLC... cannot play, help MAC NOOB!!

Postby lewdannie » 12 Dec 2009 08:08

That's got it...well done and thanks for your help

somesortofvlcaccount
New Cone
New Cone

Postby somesortofvlcaccount » 23 Dec 2009 01:09

I tried the above suggestions, but it hasn't helped. The video crashes immediately on seek and freezes about 3/4 of the way thru the 8GB video. Any other suggestions? Would moving to Snow Leopard help?

gldio
New Cone
New Cone

Postby gldio » 23 Jun 2010 22:57

i had the same issue with m2ts files and solved it changing default demux modul to ffmpeg demuxer. i hope it works for you.

eMan
New Cone
New Cone

Postby eMan » 15 Oct 2010 21:57

Hi
I have almost same problem in UBUNTU 10.04
I can't play some of the MKV movie
When VLC start playing the movie I had no video but I can hear the sound of movie
Then VLC going to freeze and I have to kill it
What can I do ?
Many thanks

lordgarion514
New Cone
New Cone

Postby lordgarion514 » 10 Nov 2010 05:45

And here I am running a 4 year old Compaq 1.8 GHz with 1 gig ram recently switched to ubuntu 10.10 and have never had a problem playing any file types with any version of VLC under either OS. Maybe the problem has less to do with VLC and more to do with the way apple likes to "lock down" their hardware/software so tightly it takes an act of God to do anything with it. ditch that piece of crap and get a real computer.

Now don't get me wrong, as far as computers go Apples are just fine. It's the fact that they treat everyone who buys one as a potential criminal just waiting to do something that they don't want you to do that annoys me.

Take that stupid Ipad as a prime example. It is MORE than capable of doing a dozen things at once, but thanks to the stupidity of Apple they lock it down to 1 thing at a time. And the same "fanbois" that bitched about how stupid it was that vista starter only allowing 3 things to run at once pretty much wet themselves when the 1 program at a time Ipad came out. Reap what you sow when it comes to Apple products.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”