Bug: 1.0.0 - bogus audio device error

macOS specific usage questions
mguertin
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Bug: 1.0.0 - bogus audio device error

Postby mguertin » 11 Jul 2009 02:15

I get an error message with all the files I've tried so far (mp4, m4v, mkv)

Audio device is not configured.
You should configure your speaker layout with the "Audio Midi Setup" utility in /Applications/Utilities. Stereo mode is being used now.

(actually now gets cut off until you resize the window)

I am setup to use a stereo device already in Audio Midi setup (the first 2 channels of a 24 output digital device - MOTU 2408mk3) and the COnfigure Speakers is setup to use TDIF-A output (1-2), selected as stereo with left-1 and right-2. My audio and device work as expected after the error (playing fine in stereo).

If there's any info I can provide to help track this down let me know. I suspect it's likely due to the fact I'm using a 24 out unit and it's not seeing the typical "stereo speakers" type option from regular sound output.

mguertin
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Bug: 1.0.0 - bogus audio device error

Postby mguertin » 11 Jul 2009 02:23

Actually I've narrowed it down, it seems to only come up when I play a video with a52 or dts audio tracks.

jackpac
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Bug: 1.0.0 - bogus audio device error

Postby jackpac » 15 Oct 2010 03:57

Okey so i've looked into it, and i had the same problem. I just fixed it!

Get into Applications -> Utilities -> Audio Midi Setup... From there i activated my soundcard in my case (M-Audio Firewire Audiophile) and changed the format from 44100.0Hz to 48000.0Hz.

This worked for me, now i can't prove it will work for you but i'd give it a shot if i where you!

Best of luck to all of you who's got this problem!

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”