Cursor won't disappear in fullscreen-mode

macOS specific usage questions
Kirtap
New Cone
New Cone

Cursor won't disappear in fullscreen-mode

Postby Kirtap » 09 Apr 2008 14:57

Hi!

A few weeks ago my cursor started to refuse to disappear when I go into fullscreen, or if I use my mouse during fullscreen-mode. If I use my Apple remote to go into fullscreen it works however. But as soon as I move my mouse the cursor is visible forever.

I tried re-installing VLC, but no change. Removed all VLC-files (.plist etc.), but no change.

Anybody know the solution for this? Or has anyone had the same problem?

I'm on Tiger, btw. VLC 0.8.6.c I think.

/Patrik

EDIT: I downloaded VLC 0.8.6f and before I installed it I used the 'delete preferences'-program and it's back to normal now! :) EditII: No, it's not.. If I turn off the fullscreen controller the cursor won't disappear.. And I really don't want that controller. Crap.

AKazak
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Cursor won't disappear in fullscreen-mode

Postby AKazak » 12 May 2008 10:30

Hallo!

I have my cursor not to be disappeared in fullscreen mode after I use Play/Pause button on my Apple Remote.

I use VLC media player 0.8.6f and Mac OS 10.5.2.

madmax_2069
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby madmax_2069 » 12 May 2008 21:21

i do know that if you bring a window over the full screen video (using the menu bar dropdown and select extra controlls) even if you exit the new window you have to click on the full screen video before you can gain control over VLC, and sometimes after that when the full scren controler goes away the mouse wont disapear and i have to click the full screen video and wiggle the mouse around a bit then it will disapear.

phreakymonkey
New Cone
New Cone

Postby phreakymonkey » 16 May 2008 04:52

I've had this same problem and after some testing have determined that this is a reproducible bug that occurs when the fullscreen controller is disabled. It's only happened since I upgraded to 0.8.6e (still not fixed as of 0.8.6f).

ajay
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby ajay » 16 May 2008 17:34

Try moving your cursor to the bottom of the screen and move back up a little. Wait for sometime. On my iMAc it disappears after a couple of seconds.

tanooki
New Cone
New Cone
Operating System: Mac OS

Postby tanooki » 09 Jun 2008 18:27

How do you disable the fullscreen controller? *edit* Hmm.. somehow I didn't think that preference worked last time I changed it, but it works now.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”