No audio for .mpg, video plays ok

macOS specific usage questions
podlet
New Cone
New Cone

No audio for .mpg, video plays ok

Postby podlet » 24 Jan 2008 11:27

Hi there,

I have an intel based MBP running OSX 10.4.11.

I'm trying to run a .mpg file recorded on an XP based windoze machine with a TV card via a shared network folder. I've done this many times, but this time this particular file won't play the audio.

The video plays fine, just the audio is missing.

I have VLC version 0.8.6c

any ideas?

and yes I've done a search and nothing quite matches my issue :(

Smokerz
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: No audio for .mpg, video plays ok

Postby Smokerz » 24 Jan 2008 12:08

check VLC under information/statistics and if you have 100% "lost buffers" then the file is causing you problems. Although under this condition MPEGStreamClip can play video/audio.

podlet
New Cone
New Cone

Postby podlet » 24 Jan 2008 13:18

thanks for that, um... where is Information and statistics....? I checked under VLC preferences, but couldn't see it.

Thanks again!

Strike all of that... Found it. print screen below, is this what you meant by 0 for audio?

podlet
New Cone
New Cone

Postby podlet » 29 Jan 2008 11:29

I've discovered the issue isn't a VLC issue, it was a lightning strike to our TV aerial, into which the computer that was recording the program was plugged at the time of the strike, forced the windows XP machine to restart and was also necessary to reinstall several programs, one of which was the drivers for the TV software. The strike happened before the recording I was trying to play and the re install happened after the recording was done!

Thanks for your help though :)

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”