HELP PLEASE! (VLC playing)

macOS specific usage questions
guitargeek
New Cone
New Cone

HELP PLEASE! (VLC playing)

Postby guitargeek » 25 Oct 2007 07:21

I have downloaded a VLC player for Mac because I wanted to play videos that were written down as URLs (without the link access, so I can't right click it and choose the "save linked file to desktop" option).

In this link:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/854896/co ... r_problem/

If you press the "More" button next to the short preview of the video description, you will see a few links that have avi extensions. When I pasted one to the address bar, the video didn't load, with or without the VLC player, and I just don't know how to play them. If you can't find the links, here is an example of one which I've just copied:

http://www.kidnationfans.com/Kid-Nation-Episode3.avi

How exactly do I view this video? I use Mac OS X Tiger. Thank you so much in advance to anyone who will be willing to assist me. THANK YOU!

Redux
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: HELP PLEASE! (VLC playing)

Postby Redux » 25 Oct 2007 14:05

I can't exactly follow what you're asking. You control click on the link and choose "download linked file". Is your problem that VLC does not play the files?

guitargeek
New Cone
New Cone

Postby guitargeek » 25 Oct 2007 17:30

I'm sorry if it's been unclear. What I mean is, the metacafe link right there shows the URL only as a text and not as a link so I couldn't right click it and choose the Download Linked File option. The URL displayed is just like ordinary text that you can't press or something. So what I did was paste a link in the address bar, but then the video did not load. That wasy my problem. Thank you!

Redux
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Redux » 25 Oct 2007 18:15

> what I did was paste a link in the address bar, but then the video did not load

So paste it into some kind of document that treats URLs as URLs and control click. I did that on your Kids URL in your message and it played fine on VLC.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”