transcoding problems

Discussion about configuration and usage of VLM (a stream scheduler) within VLC.
ch7787
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

transcoding problems

Postby ch7787 » 23 Feb 2010 00:36

Hi everyone
I am working on this project :geek: . a client demand videos from a vlc server and specifies some properties (color, bitrate, dimensions,etc ). So the server (vlc) have to adapt the video to this properties then send to the client (and so it has to transcode the video )
Someone know how to do this transcoding part ? I mean is it possible to ask VLC to transcode before sending??
Thanks 8)

mrtipale
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: many
Operating System: linux, windows

Re: transcoding problems

Postby mrtipale » 09 Mar 2010 16:29

Its very much possible.

to change bitrate, fps, color.. u dont need to change vlc setting or rebuilding of vlc.
U can simply set few more command line parameters to do it. Transcode before sending is done with below eg:

:sout=#transcode{acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst=/tmp/live.dump},dst=rtp{dst=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,mux=mp4,port=1234,port-audio=1235,port-video=1236,sap,group="",name="live"}} :sout-keep
Cheers,
Mahendra
mrtipale

ch7787
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: transcoding problems

Postby ch7787 » 17 Mar 2010 22:50

Thanks for your response,
Actually the problem is that my client is Androïd so the client request is a Java program. Do you have any idea on how to send a transcoding request with Java please?

Return to “VLM”