scheduler needed ASAP !! will pay for this....

Discussion about configuration and usage of VLM (a stream scheduler) within VLC.
dynamitemedia
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

scheduler needed ASAP !! will pay for this....

Postby dynamitemedia » 23 Jul 2007 08:51

i need this type scheduler

1. a stream coming in from a tuner card. starting at 12:30:30 pm july 23 2007
2. at 12:45:00 pm july 23 2007 switch to ad_1.mpeg - when finish go to #3
3. ad_2.mpeg - when finshed go back to:
4. Tuner Card stop at 02:28:30
5. play ad _24.mpeg then ad_56.mpeg, then ad_89.mpeg
6. at 02:30:00 pm july 23 2007 go to show1.mpeg
---- NOTE: not sure i need the time here or when ad_89 is done go here

7. at 02:45:00 pm july 23 2007 go to ad_3.mpeg when finished go to # 8
8. ad_4.mpeg when finshed go to #9
9. show1.mpeg seeked to 02:44.58
---- NOTE: not sure #7 can be paused and started again, that would be best. but if not seek to :02 from when it ended.

---- NOTE: If this is not seamless, i need a fake image setup... how long is this usually last can it be a flash file or animated gif?

---- NOTE: Need instruction how to add files from a external harddrive as well as my documents/foldername and dvd as well just in case.

---- NOTE: also need to be able to make the file play from either a http://somesite.com/show45.wmv or mms://mypc.no-ip.org:8080 for example as well

if i can get a guide or script to set up for 4 hour interval would be great as well as instructions how to add another 4 hours etc. dont always need the tuner is why and some shows are on the external harddrive

I need this so i can run this from mexico city to a broadcast to a STB in the USA.

email me at dynamitemedia@hotmail.com and let me know how quickly and how much to do this. and please be reasonable!
Im in a jam for time or i would read more on the forums i already have learned a lot, just a time issue

whatever is done i will donate it back here to the forum, this is for me. not to sell or anything.

I just cant be in 2 places at one time and if i can do all this from my laptop while in mexico would be great.
thanks
Chad

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: scheduler needed ASAP !! will pay for this....

Postby dionoea » 23 Jul 2007 14:27

I'm sure that this is already possible to do using the current schedule command in VLM, although I agree that it is very user unfriendly and would need some more work to be fully usable.

Btw, if you really need help fast and are ready to pay for it, you should email vlc-devel@videolan.org . Few devs read the forums, but all read that mailing list.
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

dynamitemedia
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dynamitemedia » 24 Jul 2007 02:16

Thanks but believe ir not i got a ton figured out today!

a couple quick questions...

can i have a MMS:mypc.8080 input?

also can i use miliseconds in the scheduling?like this?
- 01:24:29:58

also still having issues withe seek. i posted on another post

mine is like this:
setup break_2 append control test_2 seek 90s

is that correct? and can you seek like this? 01:24:29:58 ? or only like above 90s

also i have played with the sart as an option in the broadcast and it seems to be choppy anyone tested that?
setup test_2 option start-time=60

again it starts but 1st second is choppy.

the other issue seems to be a second in between stopping and playing in the schedule, is there a way around this?

almost got it figured out just a few odds and ends... thanks for helping

Attranac
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Attranac » 05 Jan 2008 21:49

Thanks but believe ir not i got a ton figured out today!
I'm interested in doing much the same as you explained in your first post. Would you mind sharing what you figured out on this subject?

dynamitemedia
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dynamitemedia » 13 Jan 2008 03:06

nope i never got this working as i wanted it to because of the slight delay between videos

Return to “VLM”