I have Problems to understand sheduled broadcasting.

Discussion about configuration and usage of VLM (a stream scheduler) within VLC.
derdau

I have Problems to understand sheduled broadcasting.

Postby derdau » 15 Jun 2006 11:21

I am using vlc 0.8.5 on a SuSE Linux 9.3 Server.

On this server exists three Videofiles. This files shuold be streamed using mmsh. The first file mymorning.asf should start at 9 am, the second file mydailystatement.asf should start at 12 am and the third file myevening.asf should start at 5:15 pm.

I do not understand what i have to write in my vlm-config file to realize these project?

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 15 Jun 2006 22:21

Time might be GMT instead of local time.

If that doesn't help, could you paste the current commands you are using so that we can help a bit more ?
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

derdau

I have resolved one problem,but I got 2 new one.

Postby derdau » 18 Jun 2006 17:39

I think, I understand the philosophy of the configuration files for vlm. I have one file with following lines:

new Testbild broadcast enabled loop
setup Testbild input "/home/hotto/Filme/Zweibruecken/Testbild.wmv"
setup Testbild input "/home/hotto/Filme/Zweibruecken/Stadtvideo Zweibruecken.mpg"
setup Testbild output #transcode{vcodec=WMV1,vb=384,scale=1,acodec=mp3,ab=32,channels=2}:std{access=mmsh,mux=asf,dst=:1234}
control Testbild play

new Album broadcast enabled
setup Album input "/home/hotto/Filme/Eisenbahn/Album 2005.mpg"
setup Album output #transcode{vcodec=WMV1,vb=384,scale=1,acodec=mp3,ab=32,channels=1}:std{access=mmsh,mux=asf,dst=:1234}

new Morgensendung schedule enabled
setup Morgensendung date 2006/06/18-17:00:00 repeat 1
setup Morgensendung append control Testbild stop
setup Morgensendung append control Album play

First Problem: Playing of broadcast "Album" doesn't starts. I have to start this playlist using the vlm-Interface-Part of the http-Interface. Is there anything wrong in my config file?

Second Problem: I there any chance to switch back to bradcast-playlist "Album" after the schedule-playlist Morgensendung is completely processed?

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 24 Jun 2006 14:58

1/ hum ... does the other stream stop ? (it might be a bug since we haven't been testing the schedule thing a lot ...)

2/ not that i know.
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

TheFlynn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Dayparting & Scheduling

Postby TheFlynn » 06 Sep 2006 13:47

I'm running a little cable channel off VLC, and it's been a real problem solver! I am verry happy... mostly.

I'd like to run one playlist from 7AM to 7PM and another one from 7PM to 7AM. I've tried using the Windows Task Scheduler (Windows 2000), with no luck. New playlists encue at the end of the one currently playing even when set to one-instance mode without specifying encue-on-click. If there's an easy way to do this, I'd be really grateful!

And, of course, you already know the new playlist editing is all messed up in 8.5. Saving a playlist will ruin it. I usually edit in Winamp, but sometimes delete items and save the playlist directly from VLC. It now re-sorts and re-names items in the playlist when you save... But you knew that, and I'm really writing about the scheduling thing...

Thanks!
~Chris Flynn

TheFlynn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

No help:?:

Postby TheFlynn » 23 Oct 2006 01:40

C'mon, nobody's got a solution for simple playlist scheduling?

If you can help, please contact me at TheFlynn@GirdwoodTelevision.com

Thanx!
~Flynn

Return to “VLM”