Does "option" work in VLM?

Discussion about configuration and usage of VLM (a stream scheduler) within VLC.
diptendu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Does "option" work in VLM?

Postby diptendu » 21 Oct 2005 15:31

Hello,

When I use an old Logitech Quckcam that does not require any
option, VLM works fine

Code: Select all

new test1 broadcast enabled setup test1 input dshow:// setup test1 output #transcode{vcodec=MJPG,vb=1024,scale=1}:duplicate{dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,url=localhost:1234}} control test1 play
When I use a new Logitech webcam that requires name and size properties (otherwise it reboots the computer :x ) VLM does not work any more

Code: Select all

new test1 broadcast enabled setup test1 input dshow:// setup test1 option dshow-vdev="Logitech QuickCam Express" setup test1 option dshow-size="440*280" setup test1 output #transcode{vcodec=MJPG,vb=1024,scale=1}:duplicate{dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,url=localhost:1234}} control test1 play
Has anybody been able to make option work in VLM?

Regards.

zorglub
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby zorglub » 22 Oct 2005 12:58

Hello,

It is supposed to work :)

Could you please give more details. What is not working ?

Thanks for your report
Zorglub
Clément Stenac

diptendu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby diptendu » 22 Oct 2005 15:27

If you look at the commands you will see that I have set up another VLC on the same computer to receive the stream. This 2nd VLC has "Play Locally" checked. However, this 2nd VLC is not receiving any stream (I have checked the Messages) and it is not displaying any video.

If I try the same thing without using VLM, i.e, setup te 1st VLC (the broadcaster) using the GUI, then the setup works fine!

Return to “VLM”