RTSP/VOD: Stream a unique udp/rtp TS stream

Discussion about configuration and usage of VLM (a stream scheduler) within VLC.
mundu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 2.1.5
Operating System: Linux

RTSP/VOD: Stream a unique udp/rtp TS stream

Postby mundu » 29 Nov 2011 19:34

I want to stream a unique ts stream in RTP or UDP but for some reason VLC keeps dividing the input TS file into several tracks(ESs). I've used --rtsp-raw-udp=ts but with no luck. I tried also setting "setup Test2 mux mp2t" but the server does not send any info about any video or media control, and the client is unable to load the movie properly.
Also , using "setup output #std{access=udp,mux=ts}" VLC does not work at all. It does not even load the telnet module. Can anyone please tell me how to stream a unique TS with rtp or udp transport using the vod/rtsp module?
Last edited by mundu on 29 Nov 2011 20:17, edited 2 times in total.

mundu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: RTSP/VOD: Stream a unique udp/rtp TS stream

Postby mundu » 29 Nov 2011 20:09

Nevermind the "setup Test2 mux mp2t" worked. But the --rtsp-raw-mux=ts is not working. What does this command do? Ouputs directly the input file without transcoding? My problem now is that vlc is demuxing and muxing a TS file. :-|

mundu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: RTSP/VOD: Stream a unique udp/rtp TS stream

Postby mundu » 30 Nov 2011 11:24

How can I turn off the demuxing? I want to stream directly the TS input file without the need for demuxing and muxing into mp2t all over again. This way the program may actually improve its performance. However I can't seem to find anything concerning this issue.

However if the above is not possible how can I keep the audio tracks with the same sequence as the input file? I don't mean --ts-es-id-pid and --sout-ts-es-id-pid as those are just to keep the original input pid.

Thanks

Return to “VLM”