Multiple Streams

Discussion about configuration and usage of VLM (a stream scheduler) within VLC.
van_dutch
New Cone
New Cone

Multiple Streams

Postby van_dutch » 10 Jun 2008 23:08

Here is the basics of what I am trying to do:

I have a computer with 6 TV tuners (4 are PVR and 2 are DVB). I want to set the tuners, just the PVR at this point as the DVB is not completely set up right now, to four different channels and then multicast them to different addresses. To watch a given channel, one just tells VLC to open the stream at a given address. I used the VLM gui to load up the 4 channels and set them to multicast on different addresses.

When I tried to view the different channels on another computer, only the last one I loaded into the VLM control panel came up. The other ones gave me a prefill buffer error. Am I using VLM correctly? I am trying to simultaneously do 4 different multicasts. Is this what VLM is intended for? I haven't had much time to dig through the documentation so forgive me if I am asking very basic questions whose answers are easily found. How would you accomplish this task? I have tried doing a similar thing using 4 separate instances of VLC but only one of the multicast streams worked.

If something like this has already been accomplished, please give me a link as I could not find anything, granted my search was brief.

I am doing this on a machine with Fedora Core 8, 2 GB of RAM, and a dual core Xeon at 3GHz. Thanks.

van_dutch
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Multiple Streams

Postby van_dutch » 11 Jun 2008 21:14

Nevermind on this one. I dug through the documentation and got it running. If anyone is interested in seeing the configuration file let me know and I will post it.

dragon-pk
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Multiple Streams

Postby dragon-pk » 12 Jun 2008 04:18

whta do you want to do? do you want to multicast one film to four ips by vlc multicast?
Nevermind on this one. I dug through the documentation and got it running. If anyone is interested in seeing the configuration file let me know and I will post it.

Return to “VLM”