Can VLM do this?

Discussion about configuration and usage of VLM (a stream scheduler) within VLC.
hdnewone
New Cone
New Cone

Can VLM do this?

Postby hdnewone » 28 Feb 2008 00:49

I want to output to full screen a looping video file. then over this video i want to play live video coming in from a video capture card - this will actually be the output (coax) from a satellite box. This second video should be resized to about 80% of the screen. The result will be live video playing unrestricted, and the edges of the looping file showing around in the borders.

hope this makes sense.

thanks.

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: Can VLM do this?

Postby dionoea » 22 Apr 2008 15:51

So what you basically want to do is a 1 item Mosaic?
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

dynamitemedia
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dynamitemedia » 25 Apr 2008 22:28

hello i am was wondering can a alpha channel avi be used in a mosaic?

would like to have a background video and then at certain times have a alpha channel avi or possibly flv to play.

so giving a animated style like you see on tv, the little animated logos etc.

would that be possible? and could i be set up using VLM to schedule this?

note: i found your example with the blue screen and its a lot like what i am looking for, but mine will aready be alpha as it will come from swf animations

but the timing of that video is my question, like in the sockhead example, can that be controlled to show up and then disapear? is that possible to schedule via VLM?

dynamitemedia
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dynamitemedia » 03 May 2008 01:42

ok i been playing with this and what i am wondering is it possible to combine the scheduling vlm control with the mosaic ?

i have been trying to test this but i am on vacation with only my laptop and stuck on dialup so cnt really test it

what i see is it should be able to be scheduled using the VLM scheduling and combined with the mosaic??

any way of combining these?

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 07 May 2008 19:02

In the dev version, you can use images as transparency masks for mosaic sub items. You can't use other videos yet but that would be possible. Another solution to render an animation on top of the video would be to use the logo subpicture filter with a bunch of image files. You can change logo settings at runtime in the rc interface in stable releases (you can change them in rc and telnet in the dev version).

About scheduling ... it kind of depends on what you want to do exactly (and it would only work for mosaics, not for the logo filter).
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

dynamitemedia
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dynamitemedia » 28 Jun 2008 06:51

well i would like to schedule when the alpha video would play in the mosaic or schedule any videos in the mosaic.

is the example here http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation: ... bluescreen where you see the pig, i want to schedule the overlay video of the band. as well as scheduling when the background play

so basically make it like a playlist of overlay and back ground videos and adding the times on this

also could it be a .swf or .flv video file(s)?

Return to “VLM”