v0.8.4: Pause/seek, options, audio after pause, DVD and vod

Discussion about configuration and usage of VLM (a stream scheduler) within VLC.
isidro
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby isidro » 11 Dec 2005 16:08

I have searched the topics in the VLM Forum and I found a few ones that match the same problems I found, but are still unsolved. So I decided to put this general topic in order to get information about their status in version 0.8.4.

1- Pause / seek
Pause/seek they seem to work in 0.8.2 and combinations of server/client versions as related by “Pflaume”, October 27 2005, and replied by “urig” Wed December 07, 2005.

In my experience combined versions do not work either, but 0.8.2 works OK.

2- Options
Options to select a particular device do not seem to work, as related by “dptendu”, October 21, 2005. I have tried to capture using the vlm conf file bellow and it did not work either:

new p8 broadcast enabled
setup p8 input dshow://
setup p8 option dshow-vdev="Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks Pro"
setup p8 option dshow-adev="SigmaTel Audio"
setup p8 output #duplicate{dst='display',dst='transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=256,acodec=mp4a,ab=32}:standard{access=udp,mux=ts,url=localhost:10000}',dst='transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=256,acodec=mp4a,ab=32}:standard{access=file,mux=mp4,url=C:\palestra256.mp4}'}

If I remove the “option” lines, it works very nicely but I get the sound from the Logitech camera instead of the audio device “Sigma Tel Audio”.

3- Audio
Audio disappears after pause or seek (version 0.8.2) as related by “macolet” October 27, 2005.

I have experienced the same problem and I noticed that if go on the client’s menu and choose “Audio > Audio Track > Disable” and so “Audio > Audio Track > Track 1” the sound comes back. This happens only with “.mp4” files. With “.mp1” files both audio and video are ok after a client’s seek or pause.

4- DVD and VOD
I tried to use DVD and it does work nice in broadcast but not in vod. See the vlm conf file bellow:

new nemo vod enabled
setup nemo input dvdsimple://E:
setup nemo option audio-language=portugues

It seems that the video does no go linearly in time but the sound and language are OK.

I would like to have feed back about when these problems are going to be solved.

I wish the best for VLC Developer Team and hope VLC will not disappear due to any law!!

Regards,

Isidro.
Isidro Lopes
CPqD
Brazil.

wrath
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby wrath » 27 Mar 2007 08:29

what laws are that ? u mentioned something about some laws on the last line .

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 27 Mar 2007 11:57

When is a difficult question. But we are working on it and 0.9.0 should be better on those subjects but you may wait to 0.9.1... ;D
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “VLM”