Wrong (old) dates in RSS feed

Discussion about forum rules, new moderators, website content, website layout, VideoLAN artwork etc..
Forum rules
Please read the forum's rules carefully before posting. This forum should not be used to post VLC usage related questions.
strawbeard
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 0.9.2
Operating System: Windows

Wrong (old) dates in RSS feed

Postby strawbeard » 30 Sep 2007 04:35

Google Reader shows news feed http://www.videolan.org/videolan-news.rss as inactive. When viewing "all items" posts show very old dates even for news that are quite recent (as shown on the homepage). Thus, I've already missed two minor updates for VLC. :(

Regards,

funman
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: All of them

Re: Wrong (old) dates in RSS feed

Postby funman » 30 Sep 2007 19:53

i just checked the rss it is fine, maybe a problem with your news reader?

example:

Code: Select all

<title>Updated Mac OS X packages for VLC 0.8.6c</title> <link>http://www.videolan.org/news.html#news-1</link> <dc:date>2007-06-25</dc:date>

strawbeard
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 0.9.2
Operating System: Windows

Re: Wrong (old) dates in RSS feed

Postby strawbeard » 01 Oct 2007 03:12

i just checked the rss it is fine, maybe a problem with your news reader?
Thank you for checking. Indeed, the RSS looks fine :o I use the online services of Bloglines.com and Google.com. Google Reader shows the most recent items but all dated as per Aug 23, 2006 :shock: plus lots of very old items from 2005, 2004. Bloglines.com shows only very old stuff, up to 100 items! OTOH the desktop application SharpReader handles the feed correctly. Maybe the databases of the online services contain invalid entries (they seem to retain many old items)- I've been subscribed to Videolan´s feed on these services for quite some time.

I'll try unsubscribing and resubscribing, maybe it'll help.

Return to “Forum, Website and Artwork discussion”