Status of #videolan IRC channel?

Discussion about forum rules, new moderators, website content, website layout, VideoLAN artwork etc..
Forum rules
Please read the forum's rules carefully before posting. This forum should not be used to post VLC usage related questions.
ajmas
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.x
Operating System: MacOS X

Status of #videolan IRC channel?

Postby ajmas » 12 Nov 2020 16:45

Can anyone indicate what the status of the #videolan IRC channel is? I did not find it on irc.freenode.org.

I have been out of the loop for a bit, so I am not aware if it has been shut down or something else?
Providing logs, messages, configuration info (VLC, OS, Hardware) and a clear explanation of the issue always helps the problem solvers help you, even if they don't end up solving the issue. Just think what you would need if you were solving someone else's problem. Additional: Always looking for eager and capable MacOS X developers to join the VLC team - for more information see here.

bubu?
Developer
Developer
Operating System: macOS, iOS

Re: Status of #videolan IRC channel?

Postby bubu? » 16 Nov 2020 14:18

The #videolan IRC channel is still alive and well.
Soomin Lee - bubu

ajmas
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby ajmas » 16 Nov 2020 15:25

How you are accessing it? I am not seeing it as one of the channels listed when I go to https://webchat.freenode.net/ or via LimeChat. The closest I am finding is #vlc-ios.

UPDATE:
Do NOT use freenode anymore!
The new IRC server is: irc.libera.chat
The new web interface is: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/#ircs:// ... /#videolan
Providing logs, messages, configuration info (VLC, OS, Hardware) and a clear explanation of the issue always helps the problem solvers help you, even if they don't end up solving the issue. Just think what you would need if you were solving someone else's problem. Additional: Always looking for eager and capable MacOS X developers to join the VLC team - for more information see here.

bubu?
Developer
Developer
Operating System: macOS, iOS

Postby bubu? » 17 Nov 2020 10:41

It might be unlisted, doing a:

Code: Select all

/join #videolan
should work.
Soomin Lee - bubu

ajmas
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby ajmas » 18 Nov 2020 23:17

Thanks. It seems to be working now. Also needed to register my nickname with NickSrv to get everything working.

Return to “Forum, Website and Artwork discussion”