Remember position on timeline?

Old forum that is now archived. Please use one of the other forums.
db
New Cone
New Cone

Remember position on timeline?

Postby db » 22 Feb 2005 23:00

I have looked through the FAQ, searched the wiki and these forums...

I have a vague memory that VLC in earlier version when started both remembered the last played file, i.e., in the controller the status field showed the file name of the file you last played - AND - remembered where in the file you left of. Now I can't find any settings for this, suggestions?

I frequently watch maybe half a show or movie and then finish it a few days later. It would be very useful if VLC could just restart the movie where I left off. Finding the position 46.10 with the slider is not that easy(*)...

Any ideas?

* How about an option to manually enter the time where VLC should begin playing?

zorglub
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby zorglub » 23 Feb 2005 08:55

Hello,

I don't think VLC ever remembered something.

You can select a start-time when beginning playback of a movie. Use the full open dialog instead of "quick open file", and in the MRL, after the path to your movie, add " :start-time=XXX" with XXX the start-time in seconds (well, I agree it's not very practical).

Remembering the last played items is a feature we would like to add, but it will probably not be in the next version as we are now entering the feature freeze phase.
Zorglub
Clément Stenac

joseph5

Postby joseph5 » 23 Feb 2005 21:35

I remember there was a bookmark option, but now I don't see it anywhere.

Return to “VideoLAN”