VLC Possible Improvements

Old forum that is now archived. Please use one of the other forums.
Madiyaan

VLC Possible Improvements

Postby Madiyaan » 09 Dec 2004 06:47

First of all, hats off to the creators/developers of this wonderful piece of software that can play almost every kind of video file (including ones that MPlayer thinks are corrupt). I'd like to suggest a few improvements (please tell them if they've already been implemented in the latest VLC, and give the exact location in the preferences dialog box).

1) Seeking Improvement: Thing is that if you drag the seek arrow to the right location, it'll seek properly, but if you click on the seek bar, it will not. I don't know what's up with that. I've done a bit of programming, and to me it should be as simple as calling the same function when the mouse is clicked on the seek bar with the same parameters as the one that gets called if you drag the seek arrow to a particular location.

2) Subtitles font issue: Don't know how to vary the font size and type. The default ones are very crappy (don't mind me saying this).

I don't know that much C programming... besides I fear I might mess up and upload the wrong version of VLC which might screw up things instead of making them better (so please fix the problems yourself, developers :) ).
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Postby Guest » 09 Dec 2004 06:49

By 'right location' in my seek paragraph I mean the location at which the mouse pointer is.
Regards,

Sigmund
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sigmund » 09 Dec 2004 08:17

preferences->plugins->text renderer->freetype

is where you can change the subtitle font. Please note though that some subtitle formats are stored as pictures, then there is nothing you can do.

Madiyaan

I thing I forgot

Postby Madiyaan » 09 Dec 2004 08:38

WHen you're playing VLC media player, the screensaver shows up. It's not a screensaver issue cause it doesn't show up when other full screen applications are runnng like Windows Media Player or a game.
Can anyone tell me how to fix it?
Regards,

Return to “VideoLAN”