Odd Sound behavior in VLC

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
rayi23
New Cone
New Cone

Odd Sound behavior in VLC

Postby rayi23 » 29 Feb 2012 00:32

Hello. For some reason, VLC does not automatically play a mpg video clip audio in Windows 7 home premium 32bit; unless I toggle to Audio-->Track 2. I don't know why the video clip has 2 audio tracks. This behavior does not occur in Windows XP. It immediately starts playing the audio. Also, it plays the audio fine in Windows 7 media player. I have had these video clips for some time and I never had any trouble in WinXP and still don't. Now I just downloaded this mpg video clip from Jibjab and it works fine in Windows 7 but it doesn't have 2 audio tracks, so it just defaults to the one audio track; whereas it defaults to audio track 1 where there is no sound. It also won't play in Picasa in Window 7 but no problem in Windows XP. It's always a pain to adjust to a new operating system with it's quirks. Everything is completely updated including the latest VLC according to updater. Thanks

rayi23
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Odd Sound behavior in VLC

Postby rayi23 » 29 Feb 2012 16:18

I just redid the videos so that it only has 1 audio track. I'm not sure why Roxio created a mpg video with 2 audio tracks and one is blank.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”