The perfect skin for vlc?

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
massacre88
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

The perfect skin for vlc?

Postby massacre88 » 24 Jun 2010 07:50

For me destroy vlc skin would have been perfect, however several things annoy me about it.

I was not able to figure out how to customise anything,.

It does not have a subtitles button.

It makes vlc slow to respond and on the verge of being unstable.

It doesn't display the file name at the top of the window, instead it has destroy, which annoys me.

There is no file menu etc like in the standard version at the top.

Ideally I would like a skin for vlc that is identical to the original in layout but simply looks different with different textures plus a fast forward and rewind button and a subtitles button.
I also would prefer if the progress bar was a little different, something a little more accurate perhaps.

Does such a skin exist?

massacre88
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: The perfect skin for vlc?

Postby massacre88 » 24 Jun 2010 18:05

hmm....

I've realised that the whole subtitles button and rewind buttons are rather pointless because I've found hot keys that do
this already, so really, I would like a modification for vlc that allows you to at least change the colour
without the use of a skin. So that instead of looking at a light gray console all the time I could maybe change it to dark gray or olive or whatever.

dgemu12
New Cone
New Cone

Re: The perfect skin for vlc?

Postby dgemu12 » 19 Jul 2010 13:52

Hi massacre88

I feel the same way, some of the VLC skins whilst beautiful do not allow for customizing buttons or layout which the default one does. Therefore I have asked for this under feature requests and cited KMPlayer as an example of where this has been done. They indicated that they would have a look.

Return to “Skins”