VLC 1.0.6 and Windows Binaries on mirrors

Discussion about forum rules, new moderators, website content, website layout, VideoLAN artwork etc..
Forum rules
Please read the forum's rules carefully before posting. This forum should not be used to post VLC usage related questions.
BrentNewland
New Cone
New Cone

VLC 1.0.6 and Windows Binaries on mirrors

Postby BrentNewland » 15 Jun 2010 00:57

First off, this isn't related to actually using VLC, or installing it, or running it, nor is it a request for binaries to be released.

I have a small batch file which uses wget to download updates for all the software I use on a day to day basis (including VLC).

My line for VLC looks like this:
wget -w2 -nd -np -r -N -l1 -P ..\Programs\VLC -A*.exe http://videolan.cdn.cacheboy.net/vlc/latest/win32/
This has always worked fine for previous releases, because "latest" will redirect to the current branch and the "win32" folder always has the EXE file. Except for this release.

So, my request (and it is a simple one), would be to put a symlink to the latest win32 release if a revision doesn't have a win32 release. So, in this case, the "win32" symlink in the 1.0.6 folder would link to the win32 folder in the 1.0.5 branch.

It should be a simple fix, a few minutes of time, and I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this.

Return to “Forum, Website and Artwork discussion”