Resizing Plugin does not work on linux client.

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
Jrivas
New Cone
New Cone

Resizing Plugin does not work on linux client.

Postby Jrivas » 21 Sep 2009 14:46

Hy all,
I´m currently having some trouble implementing the Firefox VLC plug-in to a website.

I would like to incorporate a video stream to that site and after a while of idle time resizes the current video shown without any user interaction and site reloading.

Well it all seems to work fine until the client that connects is on Linux.

Means, in my Test environment I have several PC some on WinXP and other on different Linux distributions Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian. All have the Firefox 3.5.2 version installed, the latest VLC 1.0.1 version and the respective VLC Plugin.

Well my problems exactly is the following.

On the windows PC if I resize the the window size of the plugin as described here it works perfect.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=44115&p=186375&hil ... ze#p186375

But on the Linux boxes every time I try to resize a video that is already playing the window of the plug-in resizes but the shown video image has still the same size.

After some searching here at the forums I found this website form the revoulnet guys.
http://vlc.revolunet.com/ext1.html

Here I got the same problem. On Windows it Works perfectly but on Linux boxes the borders resize but the image is stll same size. If I move the windows the video image moves but it does not resize.

Is this a know bug to someone?

I would appreciate it much if someone could give me a hand on this.

Regards,

rmhartman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Resizing Plugin does not work on linux client.

Postby rmhartman » 27 Dec 2010 20:28

There was not even a response to this problem, much less a solution.
We are experienceing the the same issue with the 1.0.6 (Goldeneye) vlc mozilla plugin on ubuntu.
Test page shows resizing working when run under Firefox under Windows,
but it does not work when running under Firefox under Linux.
Does anybody have any updates regarding this issue?

Return to “Web and scripting”