Create SDP To Feed Darwin

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
myersge1
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Create SDP To Feed Darwin

Postby myersge1 » 06 Jan 2005 18:34

It has been asked several times in this forum about how to get an actual SDP file out of VLC but I haven't read an answer that gives the steps. I have used SAP successfully but that is not an option when using Darwin (as far as I can tell). Darwin needs an actual SDP file to sit in its 'movies' directory and 'point' to the video source (to VLC serving the stream).

What I read in the VLC HowTo and User Guide doesn't tell me how to generate an SDP but rather implies that I already have an SDP file and proceeds to tell me how to make it available to the world for http or rtsp requests. However, what I what to do is...

1) start VLC (as a server) transcoding an incoming stream
2) have VLC (as a server) generate the appropriate SDP file for the resulting stream
3) copy that SDP file from the VLC computer to the Darwin computer
4) load the SDP file into a Darwin playlist so that the rest of the world can get the stream from Darwin

Step 2) is the stumbling block right now. Is there a command or command sequence in VLC to generate an actual SDP file that can be copied to a different computer?

Or, have I missed some fundamental concept with streaming and SDP?

Thank you.

Postby Guest » 03 Feb 2005 15:10

That's also what I want to know. Have be confused for a long time.

Derek

john luo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby john luo » 04 Feb 2005 02:48

vlc.exe -vvv --reset-config c:\upload\okok.mp4 --sout "#rtp" --sout-rtp-dst="239.10.10.10" --sout-rtp-ttl="127" --sout-rtp-sdp="file://C:/Program Files/Darwin Streaming Server/Movies/vlc.sdp"

here you can replace the input to what you want(network stream, live, etc.)
and --sout-rtp-sdp is the output sdp path .

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”