Audio but no video

macOS specific usage questions
summerteeth
New Cone
New Cone

Audio but no video

Postby summerteeth » 03 Apr 2009 20:21

I'm having problems with .avi and mpg files - audio is fine but there's no video. There's no video window, no error messages.

I'm using an iMac G5, OSX 10.4.11. I went to open an .avi earlier and it crashed, so I downloaded the update, and the video wouldn't work. So I removed VLC, downloaded 0.9.8 and it's doing the no video thing.

I'm a bit clueless, so I'd appreciate any help! Thanks.

ghoster
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Audio but no video

Postby ghoster » 06 Apr 2009 22:34

There will not be help. 098, 099 is a big bugy. Im with 10.4.11 too and have black screen only with sound. We must wait for a stable version.

airdrummer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 2.1.5,2.1.4
Operating System: osx,linux

Postby airdrummer » 07 Apr 2009 13:38

i had the same problem, but deleting prefs fixed it...either use the app in the distro, or remove the files manually from ~/Library/Prefs...

lateralex
New Cone
New Cone

Postby lateralex » 12 Apr 2009 17:48

I have the same problem but on Windows Vista. Tried uninstalling and deleting preferences and cache.

Why was this version released? I upgraded from .8xx and now nothing works. Back to WMP for me until an update is released. So much for testing :cry:

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 13 Apr 2009 14:44

I have the same problem but on Windows Vista. Tried uninstalling and deleting preferences and cache.

Why was this version released? I upgraded from .8xx and now nothing works. Back to WMP for me until an update is released. So much for testing :cry:
Blame windows, we can't test every possible configuration in the world. VLC works on almost everyone's windows installation (You are the sole person reporting this bug out of several million downloads). Possible areas of these problems generally are outdated DirectX or audio/video drivers.

Also, please don't make connections that do not consist. Video in Windows has nothing to do with video on Mac OS X, so you are clearly in the wrong forum thread.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”