Maximizing video on dual monitor setup

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
rafeeq
New Cone
New Cone

Maximizing video on dual monitor setup

Postby rafeeq » 17 Feb 2009 21:28

I have a query about making the video full screen. I have a dual monitor setup and if I have the video full screen on one video then naturally you would assume that the other window can be used for other things.

Unfortunately, as soon as another window gets focus, the VLC (which is fullscreen on its own monitor), then restores.

Is there any setting on Windows XP that prevents this (because it also happens with Media Player Classic so therefore its an OS issue)?

Thanks in advance for any replies
-Rafeeq

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Maximizing video on dual monitor setup

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 18 Feb 2009 01:09

VLC version?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

rafeeq
New Cone
New Cone

Postby rafeeq » 18 Feb 2009 13:37

Hi

I tested it with the most recent version (0.9.8a) and it still happened. I beileve that it has nothing to do with VLC media player but I would hope that somebody who has a dual monitor setup will advise on how to set up Windows XP so that I can make a video full screen on one monitor but still use the other monitor.

Thanks,
Rafeeq

s_t
New Cone
New Cone

Postby s_t » 18 Feb 2009 16:06

I use a dual monitor, but when I see a video in full screen, in the other I can work without problem...
But, since last day, the full screen was on the first monitr... now on the second and I can't change it...

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”