Mac version: add auto-load Playlist at startup

Feature requests for VLC.
Guntis

Mac version: add auto-load Playlist at startup

Postby Guntis » 12 Nov 2004 00:15

I use Mac version. Please add auto-load Playlist at startup. Now I have to open playlist every time I open VLC. It would be nice of VLC would "remember" last playlist and the last file it played...

Guntis
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Guntis » 12 Nov 2004 00:19

So here are my requests:
1) Auto-load Playlist option;
2) Remeber last Playlist;
3) Remeber last file which was played.
PowerBook G4 1.5GHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD, SuperDrive

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 12 Nov 2004 11:47

VLC always loads it's playlist. It just doesn't display it by default. Just play a file, you will see it will ALWAYS get added to the playlist.

Last file played is in the File->Open Recent menu

Remembering playlist might be implemented in a future release, we are currently redesigning parts of the playlist.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Guntis
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Guntis » 12 Nov 2004 13:02

Sorry, maybe I did not explain clear enough my point - I open VLC, press Play button, and instead of playing file from the previous session, I am greeted with "Open Source" dialog. Or, if I open VLC and press Playlist button, I get empty Playlist. I'd like to see the same Playlist handling as it's done by iTunes or Winamp - when I open Winamp, I can press playlist and it's there with all the songs I added in the previous session. Or I can press Play button and it plays the same song I played in the previous session. VLC could ask to play movie from the beginning or from the point where I stopped last time.
Bt the way, why in my playlist commas are added before the movie titles after playing them? I removed them, saved playlist, played few titles, closed. The next time I opened VLC and the same playlist, commas were back!
PowerBook G4 1.5GHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD, SuperDrive

spark
New Cone
New Cone

Postby spark » 29 Nov 2004 01:46

I'd love this feature too (i think it's relevent to all platforms), particularly since I don't think "Recent Files" is accessable from the skins2 interface.

I look forward to the playlist redesign :)

Mustafa

Postby Mustafa » 25 Oct 2005 20:19

I'm looking forward to see this feature too ;-)

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Postby fkuehne » 26 Oct 2005 21:10

Please have a look at ticket #400 for more information on the current status of this topic.
Note that this feature won't be included in the forthcoming 0.8.4 release, but in the one following that version.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”