Installation Errors and Problems

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Jome20

Installation Errors and Problems

Postby Jome20 » 27 Oct 2004 04:09

I am having problems installing VLC media player onto my computer. Which is frustrating for me, because I've had and run VLC MP on my computer in the past and there were no problems. I believe my problems are happening due to the fact that I recently installed Windows XP Service Pack 2.

When I try to install VLC media player it says this:

NSIS Error "The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.

You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch (Not recommended)."

Has anyone else encountered this problem as well? Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Also ... what is the /NCRC command line? And how can I access it?

I also tried downloading the VLC player in compressed form from a different place. And when I try to install that one ... it gives me this message.

"The compressed (Zipped) folder is invalid or currupted"

If these questions have been asked before, I apologize, I'm brand new here.

If anyone knows how to help me, please do so. I really would like to get the VLC media player back up and running on my computer. But I haven't been able to do that, because I can't even install it.

Thanks in advance to whomever, responds to this topic.

slavomir

the same pb

Postby slavomir » 30 Oct 2004 09:09

i have the same problem

could you response !!!
please !

surtout que tout les gens du net en dise que du bien en plus c'est francais!

markfm
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby markfm » 30 Oct 2004 13:56

Go to:
http://vthr.via.ecp.fr/~videolan/build/win32/

Download the last dated file, at the bottom of the list. It's a Zip file, 20041028 as of today.

Open the Zip -- 7zip at sourceforge is open-source freeware, if you don't have a zip program you like.

Extract the files. They are a complete, working, copy of vlc, latest nightly build.

issanovitch

Postby issanovitch » 30 Oct 2004 14:30

thanks it works

goooooooooog :lol:

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”