ActiveX Probems with v0.9.2

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
Beardless2
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

ActiveX Probems with v0.9.2

Postby Beardless2 » 17 Sep 2008 15:01

Hi,

Congratulation to the development team on releasing 0.9.2.

I know this is going to sound like a rant, and its not supposed to, but ever since installing 0.9.2 and importing the new activex control into my projects, and i noticed some severe issues. (For the record i am using Borland Delphi 2006 on XP)

1) I encounter several "dll cannot be found" messages upon compliling my program. While i can fix this by copying the dlls from C:\program files\vlc into the exe directory, this was never an issue with 0.8.6. Any workaround? i dont really want to copy them into the program directory

2) If I try use the VLC.Play property of the activex control with no playlist entries, i receive a popup saying cannot play videos. No worries i thought, i'll check if playlistCount>0 before using the play property, but when i do this the playlistcout property causes a EOLEsyserror "member not found".

3) The multiple vlc in a single app bug is STILL not fixed. while no error messages are displayed like in 0.8.6, it is still very unstable at loading/closing an app with more than 1 vlc. Either one or more of the videos dont play (i set them to play on start up), or they do play on start up and then I try to close the program it hangs.

Has anyone managed to get arround any of these issues or built a new Delphi wrapper for the dll? At the moment 0.9.2 activex is completely unusable in Delphi.

Regards,

Chris

Chuen
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: ActiveX Probems with v0.9.2

Postby Chuen » 20 Sep 2008 02:15

Hi,

I can confirm this while using Delphi 6.

I find there's a something not right with vlc.playlistindex;
That is If I load a .flv file, vlc.playlistindex returns a 6!
Loading different .m3u vlc.playlistindex will return a different index for the first item.

vlc.playlistClear doesn't work either;
Play a first.flv file
Clear the list using vlc.playlistClear
Play another second.flv file
(first.flv will play again before the second.flv)

Chris, concerning no. 1.)
If the 0.9.2 activex works for you you can try the nightly build
'vlc-1.0.0-git-20080919-0711-win32.exe'
It seems those dlls from C:\program files\vlc are not needed.

Cheers
Chuen
Regards
Chuen

Return to “Web and scripting”