Get rid of the word "fake"?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
brockb
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Get rid of the word "fake"?

Postby brockb » 14 Jun 2007 01:45

I just wanted to inquire if there was a way to use images/stills in VLC without the word "fake:" showing up in the playlist or in the player?

In the screenshot you can see the .m3u file and you can see how the word "fake:" shows up in the player and the playlist for each still. Is there a way to show just the caption or title of the image (like I have "Dentist 1", "Dentist 2", etc...) without the fake: showing up?

Thanks in advance,

-Brock

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 14 Jun 2007 01:51

Change them in your m3u.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

brockb
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby brockb » 14 Jun 2007 03:15

Change them in your m3u.
Thanks. Can you give an example in an m3u where it shows a title but doesn't show fake? I've previously tried getting rid of the word "fake:" before the title... but then it doesn't show anything.

Thanks.

brockb
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby brockb » 14 Jun 2007 21:49

Can't seem to figure it out. I've searched the forum up and down and every example I've seen where somebody uses fake to show a jpg in their m3u file... they all have fake: (some with and some without the image name afterwards).

Anybody have suggestions on how to update the m3u file to allow image titles without broadcasting "fake:"?

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”