window-resize in repeat-play-mode

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Dandruff
Cone that earned his stripes

window-resize in repeat-play-mode

Postby Dandruff » 11 Jul 2004 20:44

if you change the window-size and play a movie in repeat-mode the vlc-window gets resized on every loop to the original-movie-size.

would be nice if vlc could stay at the changed window-size!

thanks!

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 12 Jul 2004 01:41

It wouldn't be logical. VLC does not know what kind of file you are playing. it does not know that you have selected to repeat the file. It sees "he new file". So it opens it at the correct and original size and aspect ratio. As far as i can see this is a good thing and not something we want to complicate by adding a special check on the playlist from the input core for this rare case. As long as it stays fullscreen when that is selected.

But if you want it, code it :)
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Dandruff

Postby Dandruff » 12 Jul 2004 08:27

:roll: i'm not a programmer. but i think it is logical. windows media player for example does this!

in fullscreen vlc don't resize to window-mode. so why not stay at the changed window-size in window-mode while repeat????

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 13 Jul 2004 00:32

The difference is that other programs DO know what the next file will be. VLC doesn't and doesn't want to either. VLC is not WiMP. it's formost a player to receive MPEG2 multicasted streams. That fact alone makes it behave different then a normal player as WiMP or Xine or Mplayer.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”