Skin the Video Window – Alternate Decorations

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Skin the Video Window – Alternate Decorations

Postby CloudStalker » 01 Feb 2007 20:59

Is it possible for skin developers to make a skin that goes around the video when using minimal mode? I think it would look allot better to have a decoration that match’s the skin and that’s unique to that particular skin while still offering the same functionality to minimize, resize, and move the video. Maybe a simple outline that goes around it or something with semi transparency, kind of like a glass effect. Thanks in advance for any responses.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 01 Feb 2007 21:02

Sorry, I meant to put this in the “Skins” page. Can it be moved please?

joethezombie
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby joethezombie » 01 Feb 2007 23:13

It is possible, but the problem is VLC is broken when switching layouts. Thus, when you switch to a "minimal" mode with a skinned video window, the video will stop playing. If switching from fullscreen, then the video window actually breaks out from the skin interface into its own window, even if the skin had requested an embedded display.

Until the developers fix this problem, your request isn't really do-able for the skin designers.

Asim
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby Asim » 01 Feb 2007 23:17

a dodgy way of fixing this could be (for vlc developers...) to pause the video, obtain the position of the current file, stop the video, and upon resizing the skin, place the video at that position earlier, then play... a dodgy fix... but thats just my 2 cents (AUD) worth.

- Asim

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby CloudStalker » 02 Feb 2007 16:57

Thanks, I just wanted to know if this was possible.

So anyway, if this problem is fixed, is it possible to make some sort of mouse-over feature so that the video window won’t appear until the mouse is moved over the video itself?

joethezombie
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby joethezombie » 02 Feb 2007 17:12

Currently, actions are not supported for a mouseover, only a mouse click. It would be possible to show controls only when you have clicked a show control type button.

Return to “Skins”