show filename in the "title bar" [OS: Windows]

Feature requests for VLC.
Ozelotl
New Cone
New Cone

show filename in the "title bar" [OS: Windows]

Postby Ozelotl » 28 Jan 2007 00:03

Well, it would be cool, to see the filename of the currently played Videofile in the title bar instead of just "VLC media player". For example Firefox shows you "title of site - Mozilla Firefox" in the title bar. I use to watch not only movies but also serials, so for that purpose it would be usefull feature.

--german version of above--

Es wäre schön den Namen der gerade abgespielten Datei in der Titelleiste zu sehen, anstatt einfach nur "VLC media player". Bei Firefox wird zum Beispiel "Besuchte Seite - Mozilla Firefox" angezeigt. Ich sehe nicht nur Filme sondern auch Serien, dafür wäre das nützlich.

Teta
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 0.8.6c
Operating System: Windows

Postby Teta » 25 Apr 2007 16:59

Bump!

I'd really like this one. Either the filename, stream name or manually configurable through the command line, I don't care as long as I can have multiple VLC windows with different window names in the title bars.

I run VLC on a Barco videowall, and the Barco software remembers windows positions only on window name. This means I can only have one VLC window on my videowall at a time. A bit of a wast when using 6 47" LCD screens 8)

Teta

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 30 Apr 2007 21:14

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”