Video not visible on LayoutID change.

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
joethezombie
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Video not visible on LayoutID change.

Postby joethezombie » 17 Jan 2007 18:01

Is this a problem with my skin, or with VLC in general.

When I switch layouts in my skin, the video is no longer visible, although the audio can still be heard. Right-clicking where the video should be produces no menu.

Now, once the video is not shown because of the layout change, other strangeness occurs:

- If I expand to full screen, the video shows full screen, but when switching back to normal mode, the video window is detached from my skin. It is in its own window titled "VLC (hardware YUV overlay DirectX output) instead of being embedded in my skin.

- If I press stop, the detached video window disappears. If I then press play, all is returned to normal with the video once again embedded in my skin.

Asim
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby Asim » 17 Jan 2007 22:44

i'm assuming ur referring to the issue when... say u have mini mode as an alternate layout.. and u switch between mini and normal... and the video display is not embedded between the switch, when it normally is supposed to be... only when you stop the video and play again is it restored to its embedded glory within the skin.

this unfortunately is a limitation of VLC at the moment... i hope it's looked up on soon though...

- Asim

joethezombie
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby joethezombie » 18 Jan 2007 03:19

Yes, that is what I am talking about. Has anyone opened a bug on this issue? Is it known?

Asim

Postby Asim » 18 Jan 2007 05:02

it's not really a bug... it's more of a limitation... and the developers are aware of it.

- Asim

Return to “Skins”