This happen to anyone else?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
pontoof
New Cone
New Cone

This happen to anyone else?

Postby pontoof » 07 Nov 2006 00:51

I can output my video (fullscreen), through s-video out, using Windows Media Player. I just right click on the video file and choose "Play on MY" and then I can choose either my monitor or my tv from a submenu of the "play on my" option.
If I do this I can close Windows Media Player and then open up the same video file (or anyother video file) using VLC and it will play on my TV just like it did with Window Media Player. The only thing is, the "Play on My" option only appears if the file associations for the videos are set for Windows Media Player. If I associate the video files with VLC, the option isn't there.
My computer obviously has the capability to output to my tv using VLC. So I was wondering if anyone knew how to add the "Play on My" option in the right click menu when the files are associated to work with VLC? Or if there's any other trick that would allow me to bypass having to open the video in windows media player, before I can output to my tv using VLC?

My video card: MSI NX7800GT-VT2D256E (NVIDIA chipset)

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 08 Nov 2006 13:49

http://www.slingers.karoo.net/nvidia_gf ... _flash.htm
it seems to WMP only.

It is easier to either use clone mode, with proper mirroring settings or if you use extended desktop mode then disable overlay video output from VLC.

pontoof
New Cone
New Cone

Postby pontoof » 13 Nov 2006 21:36

Sweet! Thanks for the info! :)

Anton543
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Anton543 » 22 Nov 2006 18:11

you can also go to display properties -> settings -> advanced -> (your graphic card) tab -> full screen video, and set the 'full screen device' option to 'secondary display' or whatever your tv is called.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”