Can we get an 8.5 fix please? (AutoFix AVI BROKEN question!)

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
djbat
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Can we get an 8.5 fix please? (AutoFix AVI BROKEN question!)

Postby djbat » 19 Oct 2006 23:56

Can we get an 8.5 update to just allow that FIX AVI message to default to YES so you dont have to click anything? It's the only thing that really needs to be done to make 8.5 really work. Everything I've thrown at it works great - just not this waiting for user interaction on the FIX AVI problem. Even a command line switch to ignore errors and fix automatically would be great.

PLEASE?

The next release doesn't seem to be getting released and all the betas are horrid and don't work nearly as well as 8.5
Last edited by djbat on 20 Oct 2006 04:45, edited 1 time in total.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 20 Oct 2006 00:59

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the next revision. Test 1 for 0.8.6 is available. The option you have requested was agreed to and I assume will be included. It should show up as an option in preferences.

Please note the rules for posting here. All caps, all bold, all color is NOT regarded Highly here. You have been warned.

djbat
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby djbat » 20 Oct 2006 04:45

Sorry about the bold - I've been updating our PHP forums and I set my bold macro off. Easily changed - don't want to get beat up at recess or anything :lol:

As for the change, that would be great - I actually on a whim downloaded the latest build today (0.9.0-svn-20061019-0000) and ya now what - it's actually working! No crashes and the broken avi's load just fine so far - will put it through the 24 hr test tonight. All prior versions I was testing hosed almost immediately and the playlist function was just not working.

The method of creating playlists is still a bit wonky as you can't just drag and drop files which you used to be able to do with 8.5 I believe and the visual shuffle command doesn't work yet hitting Shuffle seems to work.

Thanks again!

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 20 Oct 2006 05:05

The devs agree that 0.9 is still a long way from being finished for any kind of testing.

djbat
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby djbat » 20 Oct 2006 05:27

The devs agree that 0.9 is still a long way from being finished for any kind of testing.
heh - cool - well if it's any consolation - the build I mentioned has been running fine for the last few hours. The whole vol normalization settings are strange to figure out (using 10 / 8.0 right now as the defaults act more like a massive compressor rather then a normalizer) and none of the shortkeys work (^S = settings, ^P Playlist, etc) but hell, it's still kicking!

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”