Trying to stream with no success from a call statement

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
flowersrj
New Cone
New Cone

Trying to stream with no success from a call statement

Postby flowersrj » 01 Oct 2006 04:42

Hi,

Trying to use this call to create 2 streams. 1st one just for testing and 2nd one to hopefully access from the web using HTML.

This call works.

vlc dshow:// cdev="nVidia WDM Video Capture (universal)" size="320x240"

Can anyone tell me (in simple terms) what I am doing wrong with call below? I get no video on display but times flash a couple of times on screen below the vcr controls.

vlc dshow:// cdev="nVidia WDM Video Capture (universal)" adev="" size="320x240" --sout '#duplicate{dst=display,dst="transcode{vcodec=mp4v,acodec=mpga,vb=800,ab=128,deinterlace}:standard{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=127.0.0.1,sap,name="TestStream"}"}'

I have gone thru lots of documentation and all I see is reference to "input_stream" as a parameter with nothing saying what goes there !!! So I guessed that it was the 'dshow stuff'.

Also, I read about ports in the docs and they mention 1234 & 8080. I assume I will need to portforward 8080 to the computer creating the stream. But do I care about 1234 if camera and videoLAN server on the same computer?

Thanks for any input on problem,
Rich

flowersrj
New Cone
New Cone

Postby flowersrj » 06 Oct 2006 04:41

This has got to be the worst forum I have ever been to for getting replies. I posted here about a year ago too and never got a reply.

I don't know if this forum has no intelligent monitors or if no one wants to help--I have not figured which.

The docs where obviously written by a programmer not someone who would use it product--typical.

So-o-o-o-long

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 06 Oct 2006 05:00

Sorry I generally ignore streaming issues here as do many of the Devs. There is a forum dedicated to streaming issues.

But to try to answer your question. It may be best for you to use the Stream output menu rather than the command line structure or at least until you become more familiar with formats and containers IE what works with what and goes where and what is this term compatibility really mean to me? When you use this menu there is a long white line at the top so you can see the internal command structure. While the real command structure does vary a bit this should get you started.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”