JVLC FOR WINDOWS??

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Guest1

JVLC FOR WINDOWS??

Postby Guest1 » 07 Aug 2006 14:11

Is there any version of JVLC that works for Windows. In the supposed Windows version the readme says it only out for linux, but the readme's are the same for both linux and "windows" version. Has anyone ever got JVLC to work in a java application using Windows? Thanks

marcuschan
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby marcuschan » 10 Mar 2007 14:44

for jvlc in windows, Stuart has prepared a jvlc_dist (070216 version), for details ...

http://www.mrl.nott.ac.uk/~str/pages/jvlc.html

u can fine the download url in the above page.

I have tried, it works very good ....

Thanks Stuart ...a great job ...

adanecito
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby adanecito » 11 Mar 2007 23:02

Hi,

I also copied it down and the simple example works but when you try to use a JVLCPanel what looks like a JFrame pops when playing a video on the plalist.

Not sure what the seceret is I have not found out why this happens yet.

Has anyone had any success using JVLCPanel and if so how did you get it to work?

Thanks,
-Tony

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 12 Mar 2007 22:22

And please do NOT use capitals in topic names. It will get you banned if you ignore this rule too often.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

littlejohn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby littlejohn » 13 Mar 2007 23:30

Hi,

I also copied it down and the simple example works but when you try to use a JVLCPanel what looks like a JFrame pops when playing a video on the plalist.

Not sure what the seceret is I have not found out why this happens yet.

Has anyone had any success using JVLCPanel and if so how did you get it to work?

Thanks,
-Tony
There's probably a problem in the reparenting code used for the jvlc panel. I'll look through this issue. Be patience. I also get suggestions, preferibly in form of patches.

Cheers

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”