VLC for Intel macs only

macOS specific usage questions
guruff
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC for Intel macs only

Postby guruff » 02 Apr 2006 13:20

Well then, go to hell :)

I have bought the last release of iMac G5 on purpose, to hold on to real CPU - G5. G5 - outdated, yes it is, but Intel is the biggest crap on the market and with recent developements from IBM i would like to se Apple crawling back and begging for in :)

And good luck to you all, supporting appe by dropping support for users using G's - great idea :) Any more ideas? Drop [Play] button on GUI for sake of using keyboard more often to support hands?

Araneidae

April fool

Postby Araneidae » 02 Apr 2006 14:55

I think it now being the 2nd April it is time for the VLC guys to take their stupid story off the front page. First thing yesterday they had an even more provocative story about selling out to Microsoft, but I guess they decided that was too predictable?

Postby Guest » 02 Apr 2006 21:46

I really hope this is an April Fool that you drop down the PowerPC in an instant!

Keep in mind that the majority of the Macians "still" have the "outdated" PowerPC processor in their macs (me included).
I'd really regret to drop VLC, my favourite media player I use so far, because there aren't many competitors which are as good!

Just my 2cents

Yours Charly Weingärtner :wink:

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 02 Apr 2006 22:57

some people are so gullible.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

guruff
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby guruff » 03 Apr 2006 11:12

Bloody Hell !@!@#$%$%#$%$#@!@#!@#()$%^

It is April already ups... Well you got me, and i like a fool fall for it :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Araneidae

Still

Postby Araneidae » 03 Apr 2006 18:08

The story on the front page is stale. IMPO it was stale on the first day, but then I find the whole 1/4/nn thing completely tedious. Definitely time to take the story down now, though.

adamrenie

Postby adamrenie » 03 Apr 2006 23:29

Wow, that was a scare, I was getting a little peeved reading that article considering I've donated to this project and don't have an Intel based Mac. Quite the April Fools joke, very evil...

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”