PHP exec() on windows

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
osc2nuke
New Cone
New Cone

PHP exec() on windows

Postby osc2nuke » 22 Aug 2023 13:52

Hi all,

I made a php script that contains .m3u8 url's what i got from:
https://github.com/iptv-org/iptv
(These are publicly free and open channels to watch TV stations from all over the world)
For that i used Laravel+NativePHP
NativePHP allows you to build desktop apps for Windows,Linux an Mac os. (pretty cool!)

So far the introduction.

What am i try to achieve and what i already have working ?

Based from the .m3u8 url list i am able to click on an item so that vlc opens with the selected url.
This works perfectly out-of-the-box with the code below:

My Controller.php

Code: Select all

public function videoPlayer($video_id){ //get the url $video->url $video = DB::table('channels')->where('id', $video_id)->first(); //open command.php to exec() vlc.exe with url //use popen/pclose so exec() does not wait on close vlc $fileName = storage_path() . '/app/command.php'; pclose( popen("start /b php $fileName $video->url", 'rb' ) ); //after click an item proceed with the rest of the php function return view('welcome'); }
My command.php

Code: Select all

define('VLC', '"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe"');//path to VLC exec(VLC.' '.$argv[1]); //$argv[1] contains $video->url

Like i said the code above works without any issues, vlc.exe is started and plays the selected item out of the list!
But something happens what i not like in this situation, namely, each time i click on another item out of my url list ....
The above code is executed , but it opens a new instance of vlc.exe with the selected video playing.

Is there a way to inject VLC with only the new selected $video->url. to the "already running vlc.exe"?
If i have to change to a different approach i am more then willing to do that.

osc2nuke
New Cone
New Cone

Re: PHP exec() on windows

Postby osc2nuke » 22 Aug 2023 14:31

I just stumbled on:
https://github.com/videolan/vlc/tree/ma ... sts#readme

Would that do the trick?

If so, it would be awesome to get a short guidance how to set this up properly.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Web and scripting”