Title of file playing now shows D/L website URL ??

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
PesoMemo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Title of file playing now shows D/L website URL ??

Postby PesoMemo » 08 Feb 2021 11:02

I used to have the filename of the file being played show in the lower left corner of the window when not full screen. I D/L'd a TV series to disk and when I play the files, instead of showing the filename, it shows the name of the website I D/L'd from. Couldn't find anything in 'Customize Interface' to change this new behavior - gotta think it has something to do with maybe something embedded in the files. Hard to figure which file to go to next when done with a viewing because the S01E01 is gone telling me the season/episode. Anyone know how to stop this behavior?

Hitchhiker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.17.4
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Re: Title of file playing now shows D/L website URL ??

Postby Hitchhiker » 08 Feb 2021 11:36

Move the downloaded files to another folder.

PesoMemo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Title of file playing now shows D/L website URL ??

Postby PesoMemo » 08 Feb 2021 14:00

Tried that - didn't change anything. The website name is also in the black frame area (around the picture) of the VLC window in the lower left corner between the picture and the progress bar. Like it's been overlaid in the frame of the video. Never seen this behavior before. Looking at the 'Current Media Information->General', it shows the '->Title' and '->Comment' with the same website name and the '->Metadata' shows the correct title with seasonNumber, episodeNumber and showTitle all being correct. '->General->Location' has the correct full path to the video.
Weird! I wonder if VLC is picking up some embedded title info and replacing the filename with it?
Thanks for the effort.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”