ActiveX Component Error

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
Bill W
New Cone
New Cone

ActiveX Component Error

Postby Bill W » 29 Dec 2005 22:10

I am using .8.4 version of the VLC activeX component in a Visual Basic 6.0 application.
I have noticed that if I add multiple VLC controls to a window, the VB application (Microsoft's exe has real problems). It won't compile faults with memory access error, or write source to disk(same illness) or even terminate (unload) without faulting.
Did anyone else experience this??
THANX in advance
Bill :(

Quovodis
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby Quovodis » 30 Dec 2005 00:28

unfortunately, the activex component currently behaves like an independant application running within VB. For each instance of the component, plugins are searched and loaded, this causes some unfortunate slowness and unstabilities in the host application. the solution is to seach and load plugins only once per host application, this is on the TODO list

Bill W
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Bill W » 30 Dec 2005 14:56

THANX for the information. So as I understand there are two separate issues.
First the compiler (Visual Studio) shows instability, won't save, compile without faulting
and
the final application will also show a similar instability.

MRTrevorF
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby MRTrevorF » 30 Dec 2005 19:42

I noticed the same thing - I can get 2 controls running from one app, but any more and the program flakes out.

Return to “Web and scripting”