How to save last screen position & other

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
bkm

How to save last screen position & other

Postby bkm » 24 Dec 2005 23:34

Hello, I enjoy VLC very much!

Two questions though, if I may. I searched for these but could not find any similar question or answer. (I'm using 0.8.4 with the vplayer skin)

I like to have the vid screen large at all times so I don't have to drag it everytime I want to play a vid. So I drag it larger but when I close VLC it's back to its default startup location upper left corner when I start it again. Is it possible to save VLC's last screen position?

Second, is it possible to pause a vid left clicking on the mouse? I checked Hotkeys config but that seems to be only for keyboard shortcuts. When I'm on the couch it's nice to just press the left wireless mouse button and the vid pauses like in other players... is this option possible and how do I go about setting it up?

Any answers or suggestion are greatfully received... Happy Holidays to all. :D

bkm

bkm

Postby bkm » 24 Dec 2005 23:52

Also, whenever I right click on a vid and open it with VLC, the standard skin pops up even though I may already have a skinned instance of VLC running. Why does it do that when I already selected a "skins 2" skin (v player). I guess I could allow only one instance of VLC but then how do I ensure VLC ALWAYS opens with my choice of skin instead of the default? It seems VLC does not want to save any kind of last settings ie last screen position or even the skin! Is there something I'm missing? I can't seem to figure this player out... it's driving me nuts.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”