corrupt installation file

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
hanshil

Postby hanshil » 21 Dec 2005 19:12

Help,

I've tried to download 8.4 and 8.4a in the exe formats for windows but every time I try to run them I get a NSIS error. I've tried the /NCRC command line option and at least got the .exe to get started but it goes about 35% of the way into the installation before I get a corrupted installation file message. I've tried clearing my caches and temp files and re-downloading. I've done this in both FIrefox and IE.

Any ideas?

hanshil :?:

erbsen
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby erbsen » 21 Dec 2005 19:17

Hi hansil

You could try the zip package.

erbsen
Spying? Torture? Illegal airstrikes? Dyncorp, Halliburton - **Stay polite ** Slaves? SHUT UP and hate Bin Laden.

hanshil

Postby hanshil » 21 Dec 2005 19:20

Thanks for your reply.

I got the zip file to download and I hate to sound ignorant but I'm not sure what to do with it. There are no installation instructions that I could find in the package or on the site.

hanshil

erbsen

Postby erbsen » 21 Dec 2005 19:34

Extract it into a directory of your choice and execute the "vlc.exe", that's it. ;)

erbsen
Spying? Torture? Illegal airstrikes? Dyncorp, Halliburton - **Stay polite ** Slaves? SHUT UP and hate Bin Laden.

hanshil

Postby hanshil » 21 Dec 2005 19:42

Thanks again.

There were a couple of errors during the extraction but it seems to work.

hanshil

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”