Songs duplicated

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
Ytee
New Cone
New Cone

Songs duplicated

Postby Ytee » 13 Dec 2019 18:45

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere. I downloaded VLC 3.2.3 and directed it to a file on my phone to pull audio files from. Now I have between 2 and 6 copies of each song on my listings (not playlists, just listing of albums, songs, artists). It's probably me, but a little assistance would be greatly appreciated

Ytee

chouquette
Developer
Developer

Re: Songs duplicated

Postby chouquette » 16 Dec 2019 09:54

Hi,

First let's check that it's indeed duplicate entries and not that the files are duplicated on your phone:
In the track listing, use the "more" button (located on the right of the track) to go to the track information panel. There you'll see the path to your file.

Compare the location of the various duplicated files, and check if you haven't copied your files multiple times.

If not, then I'd be interested in your database to understand what's going on. You can fetch it by going to "Settings -> Advanced -> Dump media database", you'll then find a file name 'vlc_media.db' at the root of your internal storage.

Thanks!

Ytee
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Ytee » 16 Dec 2019 16:33

Seems like you are right. I did as you asked and I have one set in:

Internal memory > Music > Amazon Music > 'album information'

and (at least) another in:

Internal memory > Music > 'album information'

Me thinks I have a musical track mess on my hands

any thoughts?
Ytee

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 17 Dec 2019 13:36

Do you have many tracks from different artists sharing the same album name (e.g., Greatest Hits) ?

Ytee
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Ytee » 17 Dec 2019 14:54

I have a few, but that's the minority (by far)---maybe 5 or 6, for sure less than 10. What I can see is the songs are from the same album.

Like you alluded to earlier (I think), it seems I'm drawing from the same album, but they're in different memory locations

Ytee

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”